Challenge accepted from chelsandabook.
1. How do you keep track of your T[o] B[e] R[ead] pile? I don’t. I stick it on my shelf where it haunts me until read.
2. Is your TBR mostly print or ebook? Stupid question.
3. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next? The newer something is the more attractive it is. Or I’ve been getting several recommendations about the same book.
4. A book that’s been on your TBR list the longest. All six volumes of Gibbon’s Decline & Fall Of The Roman Empire. For reasons, I remember exactly that I bought them in 2001.
5. A book you recently added to your TBR. The Education Of Augie Merasty. A slim little volume from the surprising new line of books from the University Of Regina Press. Someone is building a feisty little commercial publishing arm over there.
6. A book on your TBR strictly because of it’s beautiful cover. If it was only there for the picture, it wouldn’t really be a TBR. But a good cover always gets pride of display place. Like this beauty.
7. A book on your TBR list that you never plan on reading. The Koran. Just like The Bible.
8. An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for. Like I said in (3), the exciting ones always get read first. So my current pile of advance copies is more “that looks interesting” instead of “that’s exciting!”
9. A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you. Again, see (3). These have already been read.
10. A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you. See (3) and (9). I’m notoriously difficult to recommend to.
11. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read. Bad Feminist. Keep wanting to get around to it but a newer model always comes along.
12. How many books are on your goodreads TBR shelf? None. Don’t have one. Any self-respecting reader has a proper TBR pile, not just a list.